VP OF PRODUCTION AND PRODUCT ENGINEERING
Cranbury, NJ, United States
Join a dynamic team working in the cutting-edge, fast-growing, global market of transportation electrification and clean technologies. You will be delivering products to some of the leading names in the automotive and EV charging industry.
The Vice President of Production and Product Engineering is a hands-on position that oversees product engineering as well as management of all areas of IoTecha’s external manufacturing including areas such NPI, mass production, supply chain management, product quality, contract manufacturer support and managing the internal development and support for our FCT/programming tools.
They will be accountable for product development and engineering initiatives, overseeing engineering design and managing manufacturing for new and existing products to support the objectives of continued growth with new products and increased sales volume.
The ideal candidate is an action-oriented and analytical thinker, focused on driving a growth culture and continuous improvement. They will consistently demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills with ability to influence cross-functionally to drive results.
The role is a member of the leadership team and supports various locations and engineering teams, including our international engineering teams.
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction and formulates both long and short-range plans, policies, programs, and objectives.
- Hire, train, develop, coach, and build an engineering team with diversity in perspectives and experiences; expand the team to meet growth goals through internal promotion and external recruiting.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of manufacturing for many products based on component availability and PCBA manufacturability.
- Develop plans and procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, ensuring products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Drive manufacturing performance and throughput via supply chain optimization, increased product quality, and CM process improvements.
- Manage internal development and CM support for IoTecha’s custom manufacturing tools.
- Work with Operations and Sales teams to define, build, and bring to production customized solutions based on IoTecha’s core technology.
- Oversee the new product development engineering strategy and product development roadmap to achieve the company goal for sales growth.
- This involves the application of engineering practices, theory, and technology necessary to solve problems related to engineering design and manufacturing.
- Work closely with marketing to ensure timely estimates of expense and time necessary to develop the product.
- Then oversee the deployment, and disciplined use of Design for Six Sigma to ensure timely and cost-effective development and introduction.
- Works closely with domestic and international locations and suppliers to provide direction and maintain project momentum and ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee the establishment of test plans to ensure that complete and accurate data is collected during product testing and evaluate data in terms of product design objectives.
- Oversee the activities associated with codes and standards, writing organizations both national and international and product liability and litigation.
- Establish complete technical specifications, based on functional specifications, on which product design modification is based.
Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goal, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering field.
- 15+ years of engineering and process experience in electronics industry, with at least 10 years in a management position.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge and experience in key operations best practices techniques including but not limited to lean, Six Sigma, TQM, self-directed teams, Kaizen etc.
- “Out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Manage diverse and simultaneous manufacturing projects of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Company-sponsored health benefits: medical, dental, vision
- Company paid group benefits: Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life Insurance
- 401(k) Company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Eight (8) paid holidays
Benefits are subject to change at the Company’s discretion.
IoTecha is an equal opportunity employer. IoTecha will not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including sexual harassment and pregnancy), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law.
Send your resume to email@example.com. We will contact you shortly.